Heading in another direction...

It's no secret that I have the creative bug.  I love to knit and sew, and over the years have done too many crafty things to even really name (scrapbooking, beading, cross stitch, baking....).  I thought that by knitting for others on etsy, I would get my fill and make a little money. 

Everyone has been really supportive, but, I guess I'm more of an artist than I realized and it's been hard for me to keep up with orders and still be creative.  I know that when someone places an order on etsy, they expect to get what they see.  That can be hard if I don't have the exact colour in stock, or if they are ordering a large hat, but the sample is in a small (sizing up doesn't always work as well).  I'm a perfectionist, and doing an okay job on things isn't really good enough for me.

I thrive when someone emails me out of the blue and says "can you make .... (fill in the blank)".  I get really excited that they thought of me, and I want to start right away, but usually can't because of the backlog of knitting projects I have accumulated (just ask Elizabeth who is waiting for her hat since September!).

Basically, what it comes down to, is that I have a job and a husband and a family and friends and many pets, and I miss them!  They've still been around lately (waiting patiently, I'll admit), but not enough .  I've not been around enough either.

I hope everyone understands that I've decided to put the etsy site on vacation for a while, maybe for good.  This doesn't mean I don't still want to knit for you (I do!).  If you're on this website, or part of the facebook group, I will continue to share my projects and my inspirations.  I hope that will tempt you (maybe even to start knitting yourself), and inspire you as well. 

If you have ideas for custom knits, please do contact me and we can work together to come up with something great.  I started etsy to knit things for family and friends to purchase, and that's what I want to get back to.  I can't wait to show you what you can do with knitting.  I know it'll be a fun adventure for all of us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ecoSpring Blogger Template